Friday, December 28, 2012

here goes nothing!

It's the feeling of driving up to the mountains on the biggest powder day of the year...sheer excitement. It's the moment you've been waiting for all year. You've planned, you've dreamed. That feeling of going to a big high school dance with the person you've always wanted to go with. The feeling of driving across the country to leave behind what you know to pursue your dreams.

The feeling of cold feet.

Few have seen me cry on those epic powder days. And trust me, they aren't good tears until my car tires are back on dry pavement. I've bailed on some great dates and wondered why they deleted my phone number. And as difficult as it always is to leave, the most difficult step always seems to pay off the most.

So yes, I'm stoked beyond words for my trips. I planned these for a reason and I can't wait for the follow through, knowing that these experiences will be probably more than I ever imagined. And yes, I'm nervous. What single female traveler wouldn't be?! Especially sharing my vague plans with family and friends...isn't it ok to fly by the seat of my pants?!

Speaking of family...it was great to see 'em for Christmas, even if I do wish it was longer so that I would get sick of them :) And Denver and friends, I love y'all, but I'm glad I haven't seen you this week because I hate goodbyes. Two months sounds like forever to leave a home I love.

And I refuse to look at snow reports and I will change all my friends' facebook snowsport photos into pictures of cubicles until my round-trip just so happens to bring me back for a couple *hopefully snowy* days :D

No comments:

Post a Comment